Child care volunteers assist our professional child care staff in delivering direct care for the children who stay at the Nursery. Our child care volunteers are energetic, dependable, and flexible, and ready to make a positive difference in the lives of children.
Child Care Volunteers must be 18 years or older
Time commitment: 3-4 hours twice a month, for a minimum of 6 months
Let’s do it!
- Attend/sign up for an Information Session
- Complete the child care volunteer application, and provide 3 references
- Participate in an interview (in-person)
- Complete the required state background check and fingerprinting
- All child care volunteers are required to participate in a four-hour orientation and practice hands-on training before starting their position.
Child Care volunteers make a commitment to volunteer regularly, working with different age groups of children 6 years and younger, for each shift. Working with the Volunteer Services Manager, you will determine a schedule that allows you to volunteer twice per month. While the current shifts available may vary, volunteer shifts take place seven days a week, at the following times.
7:30am – 10:30am
10:30am – 1:30pm
3:00pm – 6:00pm
6:00pm – 10:00pm