The Holiday Helper program supports families who access the Nursery’s services during the winter giving season. Gifts received from the Holiday Helper Program are distributed to families beginning November 23.
Gifts will be accepted Monday, November 19 – Monday, December 17.
Gifts may be delivered 7 days a week:
Monday-Friday 9am – 4pm
Saturday-Sunday 10am – 3pm
Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery is located at 4544 4th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55419.
Holiday Wish List for Families
Our families love receiving donations that reflect and support our culturally diverse population – items that promote cultural diversity are highly appreciated.
Make your shopping easier! Check out our Amazon wish list and ship pre-selected gifts directly to the Nursery.
Gifts for children newborn – 6 years*
- New toys (no toys that require batteries)
- Family board games (critical need!)
- Educational activities
- Sports balls
- *Toys and gifts for older kids ages 5-6 years (critical need!)
Gift items for parents
- Personal care items such as lotion, bath salts, fuzzy socks, throw blanket, journal + pen
- Winter accessories
Gift cards (amounts of $25 or more)
- Retail stores: Target, Kohl’s, etc.
- Wrapping paper (See restrictions below, and use Amazon list for examples)
- To/From gift tags
- Scotch tape
- Bows and ribbon
- Large, heavy duty black trash bags (for transporting gifts)
Items we CANNOT accept:
- Used items
- Items that promote violence (any item with images of weapons: guns, swords, light sabers, Ninja Turtles, etc.)
- Items that require batteries (many families cannot afford to replace batteries)
- Religious or Christmas themed items (including gift wrap or toys featuring Christmas, Santa, Christmas trees, etc. For gift wrap, look for stripes, snowflakes, snowmen, polka dots, etc.)
- Pre-wrapped gifts (our families are grateful when they are able to give their children gifts. It’s important that our families have the opportunity to wrap their gift so they are an active part of the gift giving process.)
Questions? Please call 763 591 0400 or email AGilleland@CrisisNursery.org.