As a trusted resource for families in crisis since 1983, we offer free services for parents and children.
Mission, values, and diversity
The mission of the Nursery is to end child abuse and neglect and create strong, healthy families.
- Safety: We believe the security and well-being of children come first.
- Courage: We believe seeking support is a sign of strength.
- Respect: We promote a culture that values the dignity of all.
- Community: We believe, together with families, our community has a responsibility for children.
- Inclusion: We create a welcoming environment in which each person feels engaged, empowered, and respected.
- Collaboration: We believe by working with strategic partners, we combine our strengths to achieve greater goals.
- Excellence: Our work is rooted in evidence-informed practices, a commitment to continuous program improvement, and leadership in the effort to end child abuse and neglect.
Fostering an inclusive culture is a core value at the Nursery, and we are committed to helping employees and clients from all backgrounds and life experiences feel welcome, respected, and valued.
Our definition of diversity is broad, inclusive, and recognizes the individuality of each employee, client, and volunteer. We are focused on continuing to make inclusion an integral part of our culture.