Response to COVID-19
We are committed to providing services to families during COVID-19. However, services may look different due to our commitment to reducing the risk of exposure and keeping everyone as safe as possible. Many families are significantly impacted by the effects of the pandemic and the need for our services is great. The Nursery provides essential services and is committed to doing its part to help our community during these challenging times.
Additional Safety Protocols
For the health and safety of our families and staff, we have made the following changes to Nursery operations during the pandemic:
- • Implemented multiple adaptations to child care service delivery in order to accommodate social distance and other safety guidelines to the fullest extent possible.
- • Ensure availability of PPE equipment for staff
- • Placed a full-time staff member on each shift who is fully focused on sanitizing children’s spaces.
- • Mandatory symptom screening for anyone who enters the building.
- • New restrictions on the number of unique individuals going in and out of the Nursery.
- • Limited in-person volunteering at the Nursery.
- • Continued strict adherence to MDH and CDC guidelines for all protocols, including recommendations related related to social distancing, mask-wearing and proper handwashing, as well as an increased cleaning and sanitizing schedule.
- • We are committed to informing families about the risk and responsibilities surrounding COVID-19.
These protocols are informed by the most up-to-date guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) with a priority focus on Child Care Centers, Congregate Living Facilities and Business Guidelines as well as direct consultation from DHS (Department of Human Services) and MDH.
Arriving at the Nursery
Our goal is to keep families, staff and guests as safe as possible during their visit to the Nursery. Here’s what you should expect when you arrive at the Nursery during COVID-19:
- • All individuals (adults and children) must pass the most up-to-date symptom screen as provided by MDH upon arrival.
- • Those individuals who do not pass the symptom screen will be asked to leave the building immediately.
- • Adults must wear a mask at all times during their visit to the Nursery. If you do not have your own mask, one will be provided for you.
- • All adults and children must sanitize their hands before entering our building. Hand sanitizer and masks are available on a small table outside the front door of the Nursery, as well as throughout the building.
- • All adults must maintain social distancing guidelines during their visit to the Nursery.
- •Limited in-person exposure during your visit, including revised paperwork procedures.
- • The Nursery requests only one adult per family enter the building and recommends the same person drop off and pick up their child(ren) if possible.
- • If you have a non-monetary donation to drop off, we ask that you leave it in the vestibule and one of our staff will come and collect it. If you have specific donation questions, please review our donation page.
If you have further questions about Nursery services during COVID-19, please contact us at 763-591-0400 and your call will be directed to the appropriate department.