Make a Legacy Gift
Legacy gifts make a significant impact on the Nursery’s ability to provide critical programs and services to strengthen families and keep kids safe today, and in the future.
Consult your financial advisor or estate planning attorney when making the decision to give a legacy gift to the Nursery.
Organization Name: Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery
Federal Tax ID: 41-1379021
Address: 4544 4th Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55419
Additional benefits of making a legacy gift: Reduce income and estate taxes passed on to heirs
- Add the Nursery as a beneficiary in your will.
- Share this sample bequest language for Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery with your estate planning attorney:
I give the Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery, 4544 4th Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55419 (___ % of the residue of my estate) or (the sum of $________), to be used (for ________ program) or (wherever the needs and opportunities are greatest).
- Complete the Legacy of Hope Deferred Gift Disclosure Form and return to GMCN.
Retirement Assets (IRA/401k/403b)
- Designate GMCN as the primary beneficiary for a percentage (anywhere from 1-100%) of your retirement plan assets.
- Designate a specific amount to GMCN before the remainder is provided to family beneficiaries.
- Make us the contingent beneficiary to receive the balance only if your loved ones, as primary beneficiary, survive you.
- Name Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery as the primary or secondary beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy.
- Donate a paid-up life insurance plan to GMCN, making the Nursery the owner of the policy (receive an immediate charitable tax deduction on your federal income taxes when you itemize).
Charitable Remainder Trust
A charitable remainder trust (CRT) offers a way to make a gift and provide income for yourself or your loved ones.
- To create a CRT, the donor transfers cash or other assets to a trust.
- The trustee manages the assets and each year income (a fixed amount or %) from the trust is paid to the beneficiaries.
- At the end of the trust term, the principal balance of the trust passes to GMCN.
Benefits: Avoid capital gains taxes on donated stock that has appreciated in value
Instructions for making a stock gift:
- Notify us about your gift of securities at 612 767 8461
- Complete and sign stock transfer form and give to your broker.
- Ask your broker to attach your name to the transaction description so we know the gift is from you.
- Stock Gift Transfer Contact
- Lori Thureson, Riskevich/Warpinski Team, Morgan Stanley
- (952) 475-4322 email@example.com
- Morgan Stanley Wealth Management: 445 East Lake Street Suite 320 Wayzata, MN 55391
- Delivery Information:
- DTC #0015
- Firm name: Morgan Stanley
- Account: 319-105890-721
- Name: Minneapolis Crisis Nursery, Inc.
- Request your broker put the donor’s name on the transfer