**Due to COVID-19, the Nursery is limiting the number of people in the building to reduce the potential risk of exposing people to germs. We are unable to accept in-kind donations during this time, except for those on the Critical Needs List below. The Nursery exists so that you can lift families up who are in crisis. When we are unable to do that in-person, it means that the most effective impact you can make, if you are able, is through a financial donation.
Looking to give gifts to children and families who access the Nursery during the holiday season? Visit our Holiday Helper page!
*This page will continue to be updated to share when we are able to accept in-kind donations.**
Check out our wish list below, which contains some of our most critical needs.
Guidelines & Restrictions
We strive to ensure that all children in our care can use the supplies that have been donated, meaning that only new, unused items can be accepted. This guarantees our children aren’t exposed to any odors, pet dander or hair, or other potential allergens.
We love receiving fragrance-free and sensitive-formula products, and items that reflect and support our culturally diverse population, including hygiene products for African American skin and hair. Our children are newborn to six years old.
Please note that we cannot accept the following: any used items, stuffed animals, items with latex, items that promote violence (toy weapons or cartoon characters with weapons), religious-themed items, pre-assembled or pre-wrapped items, prune baby food, or cribs.
Donation Drop Off Hours
Donations are accepted
- Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
If you have questions or are planning a larger donation, please call us at 763 591 0400. The Nursery is located at: 4544 4th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55419.
Wish List Flyer
Download a printable PDF flyer to share with your network.
Make an even bigger impact by using AmazonSmile. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Nursery when you start your shopping at smile.amazon.com/ch/41-1379021.
- $5 gas cards to Holiday to help families get to the Nursery
- Winter boots (All sizes from 2T to Youth 7)
- Winter Coats size 2,3,4 and 5 for both boys and girls
- Snow Pants (All sizes from 2T to Youth 7)
- Girls Hard Bottom Shoes (size 1 and 13)
- Personalized Emergency Backpack (*This will be filled with emergency items in case of building evacuation. Personalization should say “EMERGENCY” in white letters. Please contact email@example.com with questions)
- Boys Sweatpants Size 10-12
- 5T Boys Sweatpants
- Sunscreen (Spray)
- Travel Size Toothpaste
- Exam Gloves (Small, medium and large)
- Lysol Wipes
- Personal Hand Sanitizing Wipes
- Exam Paper
- Personal Hand Sanitizers
- Elmers Glue for slime